Tuesday, October 18, 2011

TIRED OF WEAVES

Gone are those hair days where extending your hair with fake hair was perceive as expensive and stylish. Only women who could afford could do such hair. Broke ones sticked to braids and corn rows as they were more cheap and affordable. Time went by and South African women all fell for the prey which is fake hair.  I too did my first weave last year after the world cup as I wanted to be a grown up young woman (18 years). I enjoyed having long hair. For me any hairdo seemed possible. I could style the hair anyhow, even though during the nights I would scream beacause of the heat in my scalp cause by the heat brought by the so called 100%  natural human hair. Because everything evolves, so is this hair. Now we have the famous Indian and Brazillian hair infamous for it causes of lice. I'm  pretty sure South African women are the highest consumers of it . But some women are now seeing the light . They being illuminated by the reality that fake hair doesn't enhance your beauty but gives you too much of unnecessary stress.  It's tiring. The hair. It's just too much, having to iron it all the time and wash it is a full time job on its own.  What if we were to go back to the basics as African women . I suggest an afro . It doesn't have to be as big as the one rocked by the soul man .  Solange is doing it her way so are the girls in my campus. I think it's about time that I too join the movement and liberate myself from the inconvinience of fake hair.




No comments:

Post a Comment