Wednesday, March 06, 2013

Style Crush

When I first met Tshego Dontache it was last year around March. She was then a first year journalism student. I think I was fascinated by her style the moment I saw her. If I remember correctly she was rocking black leggings and a cropped T.




 At that time I was enjoying the monopoly of being the trend setter in the department of journalism. So when Tshego came I said to myself, well I’m old now; it’s time to shift and let her take over. But because fashion and style run in my veins, I couldn’t.

Then again, knowing me I didn’t want to compete with her because I felt we were of the same breed. We both loved fashion and we both conveyed that love through style.
Over the year I remained the trendsetter in the senior department and she remained and still is the trendsetter in the junior department.

I remember when we were preparing for The TUT Department of Journalism Student Choice Awards 2012, and people were saying Tshego is one first year who should take over when I’m gone. People saw her as a threat to me but I saw her as a source of inspiration. Because I tell you, many times people, and I mean normal people who surrounds us everyday really do contribute to the way we dress. It’s just that our egos won’t allow us to acknowledge that.

So yes, I won the Trendsetter of the Year award last year but still Tshego is one of those people whose style I admire. She is a blogger now and if you like, you may check it out and get more on ideas on what to wear and not to wear. http://www.donpinkpolish.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment